I stayed home from work today. I’ve had a headache for days, so I decided to give myself some TLC to see if I can kick it.
One of the teachers at my school just came back from maternity leave, and I had yet to make her something for her new baby girl. When she had her baby, I was already woefully behind in my Christmas knitting. After spending a few days trying to decide what to make, I decided to try to replicate one of the little bear ear hats I have seen on Ravelry.
I wanted to use the pink Bernat Pipsqueak yarn I had bought last year when I first started knitting; I still have a bunch of it because it isn’t very easy to work with, especially for a newbie. It is hard to see the stitches, and the fluff gets everywhere! Still, the resulting fabric is incredibly soft and cuddly.
I’m not terribly impressed with how this turned out. My decreases look lumpy–I had to modify the CO because I didn’t have the right needle size for the pattern I was loosely following. I am not good at guesstimating that sort of thing. I’m pretty sure the attached ears are uneven. It looks like it may be a little too big, as well. When I laid out the hat to take a picture, it looked decidedly like a pink Kermit the Frog.
My colleague is going to get it anyway. I will make it up to her with something else–something I can actually knit with some skill!